Thursday, June 8, 2017

Ginger-Peach Scones

I might start calling myself the Scone Queen if this keeps up - I made ginger-peach scones today.



These are beautiful, light-tasting scones that are perfect with a cup of tea.  I used my basic scone recipe which you can find here:   http://downrightvegan.blogspot.ca/2017/05/cranberry-orange-
scones.html But just make a few substitutions.  Leave out the orange zest and cranberries, and add
about a cup of chopped peaches and a teaspoon of ground ginger or a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.  Instead of using 3/4 of a cup of almond or soy milk, I used a half a cup of almond milk and added 1/4 cup of the light syrup from the peaches to it.  (I used canned peaches, but when peach season starts here in southern Ontario, I will use fresh peaches.).

Cook the scones at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...